Egg-in-a-hole



Hey there my lovely audience been a while. Loooong story the important thing is we back and not just with our bare ten fingers but messy ten fingers as a result of whipping up some delicious food in the kitchen.

Houston there's a problem! You know how frustrating it is when you crave something so much you decide to go to a fast food joint to get it and then after eating you realize you just wasted money you could have used to do something much better (in my case 'much better' means making it myself, am a Do-It-Yourself kinda guy). Yes, I had that very bad experience with a sandwich. I don't eat a lot of sandwiches but when I do it has to be good.

Oh well no need to cry over spilled milk, rather look for a solution to the aforementioned problem. Fortunately I had saved many sandwich recipes from the internet so I go get one that appeals to me and make it. So here goes...


Ingredients
1) Wheat bread (two slices for each sandwich)
2) Eggs
3) Butter
4) Ham
5) White cheddar Cheese
6) Tomato
7) Spring onion
8) Mustard
9) Salt & Pepper
10) Herbs of you choice (I used Mixed herbs)

Directions

Butter one side of each slice of bread.Toast bread on a slightly buttered pan. Cut holes in one slice of each sandwich.
Burnt it a bit and a piece of the bread broke off. It was still edible so bite me :P.

I used a shot glass. Diameter was about 2 inches

              Spread some mustard over one slice of bread for each sandwich (on the non-toasted side).


Top with ham.
                  

                                                                     Top with cheese.


Top with holed bread. Dice some tomato. Chop some spring onion. Crack the eggs and separate the white from the yolk. Combine egg whites with tomato, spring onion, salt and pepper. Whisk gently. Place some mixture in each hole.


Gently top with yolk. Bake for 10-15 minutes at 180C.


And there you have it a simple delicious egg-in-a-hole. This was very....hmmm .It was like fire works in my mouth. I had this tangy lingering taste in my mouth, the flavor of the herbs gave ham and egg a-more-than satisfying taste. The textures in my mouth were just great. This is perfect for breakfast. A word of caution the egg will be slightly runny, some people don't like their eggs to be runny (for me I didn't mind and I think I prefer it that way). To fix that reduce the heat bit say 160-170 and bake for 20 min, in that case do not overly brown the bread when toasting. Wouldn't want you to learn the hard way like I did. Enjoy!



Feel free to comment.

Source: Sandwicherie

No comments:

Post a Comment