Delicious Turkey Vegetable Stew



Hey, hey!!!  I´m new on this page and one of your Food Junkies asked me to introduce myself before i start to introduce my Stew to you! Well, he even made a suggestion. So just call me EXOTIC guest blogger :D
First I want to apologize for my English... cause its not easy to translate a recipes from German into English. And my cooking style is more on a gut level then to measure everything! But I´ll try my best!!! So lets start and see what happens...


I want to start with my spices! I used a lot of spices which are used in the Indian kitchen. But if you don't have them or don't like them just use the once you like. It will taste awesome with everything because you made it!

Spices:






 Lets make a quick briefing, i used:
  • Nelken = Clove
  • Lorbeerblätter = Bay leaf
  • Curcuma = Tumeric
  • Cumin = Cumin
  • Curry = Curry
  • Bockshornklee = Fenugreek
  • Salt
  • Fresh pepper
  • Powder Pepper
  • Kardamon = Cardamom ( I love that one, let me give you a closer look. If you get the chance to try it, TRY it)




  Ingredients:

  • Galic
  • Onoins
  • Fresh and tin Tomatoes
  • Carrots
  • Sweet pepper ( In germany the red are the best :D) 
  • Mushrooms
  • Broccoli 
  • Zucchini
  • Turkey or Chicken









Cut all the the vegetables into small pieces. Also the Turkey/Chicken. I only used the meat, no bones! In a medium saucepan  fry the Turkey with the onions and garlic add curry and  salt to. After its nicely fried and golden brown you can add the fresh tomatoes plus tin tomatoes and some small water. Let it cook for some time. Stir occasionally.









Continue to add the carrots, sweet pepper, zucchinis, fresh pepper and broccoli. Again, let it cook for some time. If you like curry you can add some more! As for me I add curry continually... That's why my stew looks really orange/yellow. The last vegetables you add are the mushrooms. Let me show you how it looks like:



The spices are the very last things you add to complete the stew. I added 3 bay leaves, 4 cloves and 3 cardamom. For the tumeric you have to be a bit, careful because it has a special taste and if you use too much of it, it will spoil the dish. Lets say a half teaspoon will be enough. The same for the fenugreek. As for the cumin it depends on how you like the taste of it. But I think 1/2 to 1 teaspoon is fine. If you like your stew hot add more powder pepper. And as I said already Curry, curry, curry! :)

  

What goes with it?
Any side dish you prefer... It can be Yam, cassava, potatos or pasta! But for me i´m a RICE-LOVER. So i chose rice! And I think that's what goes best with it....
For the cherry on top  you can sprinkle some Parmesan cheese on it! 




So fellows, I hope my recipes was understandable and you enjoy your meal like i did!

Yummy, Yummy!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment