Pumpkin Soup

Happy Halloween

  

Guys its me again, the EXOTIC guest blogger! Guess what? When I went to work today we cooked with our handicapped children some Pumpkin Soup. And I thought this will be a very good recipe for here... It was so delicious that I had to buy the things I need and cook it when I came home! Besides I had to post it today because Halloween is pumpkin time. By the way, the pumpkin on top is what was left after we removed the inside for the soup. So lets start......


You need:  
  • 1 Pumpkin (about 1 kilo)
  • 4 Carrots
  • 2 Onions
  • 4 Potatoes
  • Ginger
  • Creamy coconut milk or Milk
  • Salt
  • Red and black powder pepper
  • Maggie cube 
  • Nutmeg


Start peeling the onions, potatoes, ginger and the carrots. Cut them in small pieces and put them aside. Now you pay attention to the pumpkin. As for pumpkins you have to know which one you can cook without peeling or which one you have to peel. I used a Hokkaido pumpkin which you don't have to peel. So I just removed the inside pits and cut it also in small pieces!








So whats next? Take a saucepan and add a bit oil or butter. Fry the onions in it. After it is fried nicely add the carrots, potatoes, ginger and pumpkin. Pour about 1 liter water on top of it. But the water shouldn't cover the vegetables totally. And let it cook for about 30 minutes. 


After the 30 minutes you can remove the saucepan from the stove. Add salt, maggie cube, nutmeg and the red and black pepper. As for the spices you have to taste because I don't know how much I added. But I´m sure you will find the perfect mixture. Then you blend everything. Make it very smooth. Somehow like that:
 



At least you add creamy coconut milk or whole milk. It gives it a nice flavor. My dad said he would have added sour cream or cream :D Anyway, what comes next?


Just sit down with a nice slice of bread, invite your friends and enjoy your Halloween Pumpkin Soup!!! 

Yummy, Yummy!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment